History



1947 The company was formed by Mr Pierre Emile Marquet.
The St Hilaire de Brens factory was originally built by CHAUX & CIMENTS DE ST HILAIRE, the founding company of the SAINT HILAIRE INDUSTRIES group

1970 The "La Gagne" site was opened
Quarry, grinding, drying, classification, screening, mixing and storage facility

1988 Acquisition of company Coindre.
Materials manufacturing and trading; now taken over by SA CHAUX & CIMENTS DE ST HILAIRE

1994 Formation of a commercial subsidiary, RHONE ALPES AMENDEMENTS.

2002 Appointment of Pierre Marquet.
The founder's grandson, as CMD: he currently holds this position.

2005 Formation of a subsidiary, LES TRANSPORTS DE ST HILAIRE, dedicated to the transport of goods.

2010 Operating licence for the Trept quarry renewed for 30 years.

2016 Opening of the sales office in Lausanne (Switzerland).

1962 Acquisition of the Val d'Amby cement works.

1982 Appointment of Daniel Marquet.
Son of the founder, as CMD, who held this position until his death in 2002.

1990 Subsidiary ECL formed.
Its purpose was to construct then operate a lime manufacturing factory.

2005 Acquisition of Mollard's business assets at St Victor de Cessieu
production of breeze-blocks.

2014 Formation of a subsidiary, SAINT HILAIRE MATERIAUX, dedicated to the building materials.



 
English